Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid e.RowId
posted

Hello, I'm new to the Infragistics product line and am attempting a large conversion project from an old version of Infragistics. While doing this I'm trying to get up to speed on the various controls in version 16 and was wondering if someone could explain to me why e.RowId is stored as an object of type 'Infragistsics.Web.UI.GridControls.IDPair.  Because of this I'm forced to dig into the object to grab the ID that I'm looking for.

All examples I'm finding online show something along the lines of id=CInt(e.RowID.Key(0)) which just makes me uncomfortable because I'm explicitly calling an index in an array so I have make sure it's there first. Why isn't it simple id = e.RowID? 

The only reason I can think of is in the case of objects with multiple identifiers such as compound keys in a database table so maybe that's why. I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to get a better understanding. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I neglected to mention that I'm looking at e.RowId in the context of a WebDataGridt.RowUpdating event.