Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
I urge you to implement SelectAllRecords command
posted

Hello, as I have seen in many posts and a main post (https://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/69167/353123.aspx) where a user needs a way to select all records, (with ex. CTRL+A) while doing this with the shift key is vey quick, if its done by code by changing all records with Record.IsSelected = True to all records, it is REALLY slow. I urge you to make a command to make this quickly. In a list with 13.000 records I closed down my test app because I got tired waiting, but with selecting the first record and then the last with the shift key, eveything is selected in less than a second.

You have not offered a viable solution for this problem, even when so many years have passed since someone initially noticed it.

Thank you

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the thread reference you have provided.

I have tested the selection behavior you have described, along with the information from the referenced thread and I can suggest you to use the SelectedItems property of the XamDataGrid for selecting all records by populating the SelectedItems.Records respectively.

This can be done within a Command for Control + A key binding, for example:

XAML:

<igDP:XamDataGrid.InputBindings>
        <KeyBinding Key="A" Modifiers="Control" CommandParameter="{Binding ElementName=dataGrid}">
            <KeyBinding.Command>
                <local:SelectAllCommand />
            </KeyBinding.Command>
        </KeyBinding>
    </igDP:XamDataGrid.InputBindings>

Code-behind:

public class SelectAllCommand : ICommand
    {
        public event EventHandler CanExecuteChanged;
        public bool CanExecute(object parameter)
        {
            return true;
        }
        public void Execute(object parameter)
        {
            var grid = (parameter as XamDataGrid);
            grid.SelectedItems.Records.AddRange(grid.Records.ToArray());
        }
    }

Another approach would be to execute the same code in a button click

private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
        dataGrid.SelectedItems.Records.AddRange(dataGrid.Records.ToArray());
    }

I have attached a sample application that demonstrates the approach from above by using 20,000 records.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

XamDataGrid_sample.zip