Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ControlContainerEditor on UltraGrid column causes unexpected UI Automation behavior
posted

I have a form which contains an UltraGrid. I am trying to set a column of this grid to use the ControlContainerEditor like this:

"myGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns[2].Editor = new ControlContainerEditor();"

As soon as I set to use this Editor all the cells of this column become inaccessible to UI Automation tool "Inspect.exe". So, when I hover over them I cannot get any accessibility data from them and consequently I cannot get or set the value of these cells through Coded UI Tests.

The exact error message that the "Inspect.exe" UI Automation tool provides is the following: 

Cannot get object from point:
[Error: FromPoint: hr=0x80004003 - Invalid pointer]

You can see this error in the picture attached.

It is also notable that as soon as I manually click in one of those cells so that they enter edit mode, this error goes away and then I am able to get their accessibility info. So, this issue arises only when I hover over these cells. In the case of cells that are not editable, there is no way you can access them through UI Automation.

This is a huge issue for me because I cannot run Coded UI Tests that manipulate the data of these cells, because the only way I can get their accessibility data is to click on them manually(for the case of cells that are editable).

Moreover, I think that in the following link the 1st issue shown might be the one that I am trying to explain:

• http://help.infragistics.com/Help/Doc/WinForms/2014.1/CLR4.0/html/Win_Known_Issues_in_2013_Volume_1.html 

The problem with this is that I cannot understand the workaround provided in the link, because it seems a little vague. 

Could you please tell me the reason why this error arises? Is there any workaround? 

Note that I am running Infragistics v14.1 in my machine.