Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Impact of changing CellSelectType to None
posted

I have a WebDataGrid in 15.2 verison of Infragistics where the style of select row in grid used to be retained when user tabs (using the keyboard tab key) across the columns. With an upgrade to 16.2 version of the Infragistics control this behavior changed. In 16.2 when a user tabs across columns of the grid; selected cell style gets reset to default after KeyUp event. Whereas, other cells retains the selected row style. Thus, in a grid of 5 columns, in this scenario when the user tabs out of first cell 4 cells have the selected row style and 1 cell in the same row has a default cell style.

An accidental observation was if I set CellSelectType to None, the 15.2 behavior of tabbing is retained. On tabbing across cells of a selected row does not impact the style of the cell. 

My question based on this observation is - What does CellSelectType attribute signify? How does it impact any API call to get selected row or its value?

Code - 15.2

<Behaviors> 
 <ig:Selection 
 RowSelectType="Single" 
 CellClickAction="Row"></ig:Selection>
<Behaviors>

Code - 16.2 (To get same behavior we need to do this)

<Behaviors> 
 <ig:Selection 
 RowSelectType="Single" 
 CellClickAction="Row" 
 CellSelectType="None"></ig:Selection>
</Behaviors>