Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Not able to find entire row data for the selected cell in webdatagrid 16.2 IG control
posted

Hi team,

I am working on Infragistic control migration and replacing Ultrawebgrid to Webdatagrid. I am implementing context menu by using Contextmenu client event of the grid on grid initialization like: grdMain.ClientEvents.ContextMenu = "DisplayContextMenu" and in client side DisplayContextMenu() trying to get the row data of the cell  right clicked on. In ultrawebgrid we had method called igtbl_getCellById() that is not supporting in webdatagrid and replaced with $find(), it is not working. I want to row data on context menu click so that I can modify the correct row data. if row is not at all selected it is throwing exception. My grid looks like this:

<igtbl:WebDataGrid ID="grdMain" runat="server" OnInit="grdMain_Init" OnInitializeRow="grdMain_InitializeRow" OnPageIndexChanged="grdMain_PageIndexChanged" OnRowUpdating="grdMain_UpdateRowBatch" ClientIDMode="Static" OnRowsDeleting="grdMain_DeleteRowBatch" OnRowAdding="grdMain_AddNewRow" OnColumnSorted="grdMain_ColumnSorted" AutoGenerateColumns="false" DefaultColumnWidth="100px" EnableDataViewState="true">

<Behaviors>

<igtbl:Paging PagerAppearance="Bottom" PagerMode="NextPreviousFirstLast" PageSize="100" Enabled="true">

</igtbl:Paging>

<igtbl:RowSelectors Enabled="true" RowNumbering="false"/>

<igtbl:ColumnMoving Enabled="false"></igtbl:ColumnMoving>

<igtbl:Selection CellSelectType="Multiple" RowSelectType="Single" CellClickAction="Row" ColumnSelectType="Multiple" Enabled="true" />

<%--<igtbl:Selection CellSelectType="Single" CellClickAction="Cell">

</igtbl:Selection>--%>

<igtbl:Sorting Enabled="true" SortingMode="Multi">

<SortingClientEvents ColumnSorting="grdMain_Sorting_ColumnSorting" />

</igtbl:Sorting>

<igtbl:ColumnResizing Enabled="true"></igtbl:ColumnResizing>

<igtbl:Activation Enabled="true" >

<AutoPostBackFlags ActiveCellChanged="true" />

</igtbl:Activation>

<igtbl:ColumnFixing ShowLeftSeparator="true" AutoAdjustCells="true"></igtbl:ColumnFixing>

<igtbl:EditingCore BatchUpdating="true" AutoCRUD="false">

<Behaviors>

<igtbl:CellEditing Enabled="true" >

<EditModeActions EnableF2="true" MouseClick="Double" />

<CellEditingClientEvents/>

</igtbl:CellEditing>

<%-- <igtbl:RowAdding Enabled="false"></igtbl:RowAdding>

<igtbl:RowEditing Enabled="true" EnableDialog="true"></igtbl:RowEditing>--%>

<igtbl:RowDeleting Enabled="true" ShowDeleteButton="false"></igtbl:RowDeleting>

<igtbl:RowAdding Enabled="false"></igtbl:RowAdding>

</Behaviors>

</igtbl:EditingCore>

</Behaviors>

<Columns>

<igtbl:TemplateDataField Width="100px" Key="ShowDetail">

<ItemTemplate>

<asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="MyLinkButton" Text="Detail" CausesValidation="false" Style="color: BLUE;" CommandName="Edit" OnClick="ShowChildDetails"

CommandArgument='<%# DataBinder.Eval(DirectCast(Container, Infragistics.Web.UI.TemplateContainer).Item, "Row.Index") %>' />

</ItemTemplate>

</igtbl:TemplateDataField>

</Columns>

<EmptyRowsTemplate>

<asp:Label ID="NoDataWarning" runat="server">No Data to Display</asp:Label>

</EmptyRowsTemplate>

</igtbl:WebDataGrid>

Please provide workaround for this. If we have replacement of igtbl_getCellById(cellid) that will be great.

Thanks,