Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
InitializeRowEvent not firing
posted

InitializeRowEvent is such a basic event to rely on that I'm sure there's a workaround or fix, and hope you can help me find it.

We are using a single grid to switch between a flat list of items, and a heirarchical list in which the same items have been grouped.  We're doing this ourselves, rather than relying on the grid to handle the grouping, for reasons of scale and performance.

When I bind the flat list and display it, I get the InitializeRowEvent for each row in that data.  Then when I switch the grid to bind to the heirarchical list, I get no InitializeRowEvents for the rows in that list.

My binding switch involved binding to a completely different IBindingList, which has a different structure (the second list is heirarchical).  It seems obvious to me this should cause InitializeRowEvent to happen for each row in the list after the second bind - but I am not getting that event.

Am I missing something required to make this work?  Am I looking at a bug of some kind?

Thanks in advance!