Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
License Exception... GetDesignTimeLicense
posted

According to your license agreement:

http://www.infragistics.com/products/license.aspx

V. REDISTRIBUTABLE COMPONENTS.

A. In addition to the license and rights granted in Sections I and II, Infragistics grants you the right to use the presentation layer framework portion of the SOFTWARE which is either on disk, CD-ROM or electronic format (collectively "PLF") provided:

• You may use the PLF to create your own components, as long as, it is NOT the basis for creating a product that provides the same, or substantially the same, functionality as any Infragistics product.

Well, that's what I'm trying to do....

I have created a user control which uses your Win Explorer Bar for creating a communication configuration user control which shows the user a GUI which let him choose if he wants to use Serial Port, Ethernet, or Ethernet Listener... and also configure the communication parameters.

This is in order to finally get an object that can be used for communicating with a PLC.

The User Control is called ComConfig.

However, I gave the DLL (with the required Infragistics assemblies/DLLs) to another developer so he could use it on a small application that he writes.

As much as  I understand, it fits your License Agreement since:

1) This is a redistributable component that I've created

2) He is not making any direct use of the Infragistics DLLs (He just tries to put my user control on the form)

3) He is not developing any tool using Infragistics components

4) The functuality of my user control is not the same or nearly the same as the infragistics components (it is totally different).

Please corrent me if I was wrong about my assumptions.

Still, when he tried to put my user control on his form, he got:

Failed to create Component 'ComConfig'. The error message follows:

'System.ComponentModel.LicenseException

at Infragistics.Shared.UltraLicenseProvider.GetDesignTimeLicense(.........................'

Is it a bug?

Am I doing something wrong? (Is there something I need to do in the code to prevent it)

Please help.

Thanks.