Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid Filters Not Applying - HP QTP 10 NetAdv 2009.1 with TestAdv 2009.1 Trial -
posted

I am trying to troubleshoot a problem we are having when we record actions against the WinUltraGrid in our .NET program.

We have a grid full of data, and we want to filter down to one row using the grid filters.

When we record filtering of the grid we get code like this is generated in HP QTP.

SwfWindow("Returns - TaxSolver").SwfWindow("Return List").SwfTable("grdReturnList").SetFilter "0;Data Entry Type", "Manual"
SwfWindow("Returns - TaxSolver").SwfWindow("Return List").SwfTable("grdReturnList").SetFilter "0;State", "ME"
SwfWindow("Returns - TaxSolver").SwfWindow("Return List").SwfTable("grdReturnList").SetFilter "0;Return Name", "ME ST-7 IMPORTED Amended"

When we playback the recording, HP QTP successfully clicks the correct column filter icon, which drops down the menu, and a filter is selected/highlighted, and then the playback pauses, like it is waiting for something.

I have to press the windows key to draw the focus away from the program, which makes the filter drop down go away. It does not appear to actually clicked the filter, because no filter gets applied.

However, no error is actually generated, it thinks it selected the filters, and continues to the next step in the test.

If the next step is to filter on a second column, the same thing happens again, it tries to select a filter, but just pauses after selecting one, and the drop down stays up, until I press the windows key.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using HP QTP 10 with a trial version of the Infragistics Test Advantage Net Addin for QTP 2009.1  and NetAdvantage 2009.1 

Verison Information - Sample DLLs from each program.
(Infragistics2.QTPServer.WinGrid.v9.1.dll - Infragistics.QTPServer.WinGrid.v9.1 9.1.20091.1000) 
(Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v9.1.dll - Infragistics2.Win.UltraWinGrid.v9.1 - 9.1.20091.1000)