Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problems Logging into the Forums?
posted

As you may have noticed, we've gotten rid of the need to sign in to our forums seperately from the main site and implemented a Single Sign-On system.  This is a great new feature and we hope that the added convenience it provides allows for a much better overall experience while using our various properties (the main site, Community site, these forums, etc.).

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way.  We've gotten a few reports of people having trouble logging into our new forums; the most common scenario seems to go something like this:

• Click "Sign In" link at the top of the Forums
  • Get redirected from the Forums login page to the main site (www.infragistics.com)
  • End up in the Membership section, already authenticated
  • Go back to the Forums - still not authenticated!

If this is the type of thing you're experiencing it is, in all likelyhood, an issue with cookies.  As such, the best solution is to try clearing all cookies for the "infragistics.com" domain.  If you don't have an easy way to delete domain-specific cookies (such as the Web Developer Toolbar), the easiest thing to try is to simply going back to the main site, logging out, then trying to login again.  Hopefully, your cookies should be established correctly this time and you won't have any more problems.  Try heading back over here to the Forums once again and see what happens.

If you continue to have problems, your scenario is different from the one I described, or you just don't care to go through the trouble of messing with your cookies, feel free to shoot an email to me at Infragistics Webinary and I'll be happy to help you out.