Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Is there ANY way that I can install an old version of NetAdvantage for WinForms?
posted

I have an old version of NetAdvantage that has been used for numerous old projects that I manage and support.  Specifically, the last version that I've used of Net Advantage was 2006 v.3.  Yes, I know this is ridiculously old but for the sake of brevity, I'll just say that I must still manage and support these applications but I can not upgrade my Net Advantage version.

When Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2010 came out, I learned that I could not install this old version into VS, through the installer.  I was instructed by Infragistics support to upgrade my runtime.  As I mentioned, that is not possibility.  So, my question is this-- is there some way that I can manually install these old runtimes and licenses into Windows 7 machine and Visual Studio 2012?

My reason is because this is the only issue that is keeping a really old (and dying) Windows XP dev box on my desk.  It needs to be replaced and I would like to migrate my applications to VS 2012.

I'm not afraid of command prompts, config files and XML file modification.  Is there any general information that I can be given that may help me hack NetAdvantage 2006 v.3 into Visual Studio 2012?  

Thank you.