Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Gauge Range and Backing with gradient dissapearing during animation
posted

Hello,

I recently downloaded the trial version of NUCLIOS 2013 vol. 1. I'm new to developing mobile applications, and I'm using Appcelerator's Titanium SDK. My goal is to see if NUCLIOS can be easily integrated into my application through a native module.

While testing the integration on the iPhone simulator, I noticed that if I used a timer to change the value of the GaugeView after it was displayed, the gauge ranges would dissapear while the needle moved, and then would appear again when the animation finished. I thought this was due to animation issues in Titanium, however I made a simple iOS application using Xcode, based on the "Value Transitions" code from the samples in the iOS app, and the ranges dissapeared there too. Furthermore, I tried to use a IGGradientBrush for the backingBrush and during the animation it turns into a solid color.

Is there a way to avoid this from happening, so only the needle changes during an animation? Or am I doing something wrong? As I said, I don't have experience writing code for iOS, so I'm not quite sure if I'm missing some extra code to handle the animations, or if the view needs to be initialized in some specific order.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eli