Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics NetAdvantage 2004 Volume 3 - Please help with strange license issue?
posted

Hi,

Looking for some assistance with regards to - Infragistics NetAdvantage 2004 Volume 3
I have a new blank winform project (in Visual Studio 2003), when I add ANY Infragistic control to my form I get the following error:

1) The CurrentContext property of the LicenseManager is currently locked and cannot be changed.

Followed by

2) An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraDropDown. The   exception was "Unable to locate license assemly."

I have also tried to access an existing project which uses controls under NetAdvantage 2004 Vol 3. For any of the forms that have Infragistic controls, none of these appear within the design view? At the sametime I notice the same errors under the Task List
i.e.
 An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraCombo. The exception was "Unable to locate license assembly.".

An exception occurred while trying to create an instance of Infragistics.Win.UltraWinStatusBar.UltraStatusBar. The exception was "Unable to locate license assembly.".

etc....

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the same installation set 2-3 times and still have the same issues.
Have also tried to uninstall and reinstall Visual Studio 2003 with the same results.
I believe the installation set and license keys for Infragistics NetAdvantage 2004 Vol 3 are good, as I have successfully managed to install this on another machine which works fine!?

However, I am not having any success on my own machine for some reason? Suggests something hasn't been cleanly uninstall or
reinstalled?

Can someone assist me?

Thanks,
Hung

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Hung,

I understand your scenario. Can you please provide us with a technical log file? To get a log file please visit the following help center article.

http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=10039

Have you verified that the Infragistics.Licencse assembly is in the GAC? According to our supported environments page, http://www.infragistics.com/help/supported-environments/,

Let us know if you have any questions regarding this matter. Thanks.

posted

Hi Hung,

The issue you are describing seems caused by the fact that the components are recognized from Visual studio  and they can’t be loaded for some reason. The reasons for this can variate depending on your environment and installed IDE and Infragistics versions.

You mentioned that you see the components in the toolbar and when you drag it you can’t work with them design time. Can you check the path where the components are located in the toolbar? Also the location the components are referenced in your project. It may possible to see the old toolbox components on a different location, that no longer exist. Also please check that the .Net version of the components  is the same you have set up for your project.

If you have blank sample where you are able to reproduce the issue can you please upload it so I will take a look and provide you more accurate suggestions.

posted

Hi Hung,

I am just checking if you was able to solve your issue.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.