Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Override KeyDown events for arrow keys
posted

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to stop the down and up arrow keys from opening the dropdown, as I would like to perform a different function when these keys are pressed and I require the dropdown to be closed.

Thanks in advance.

Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and I created a sample project for you with the functionality you want. Basically I copied the default Style of the XamComboEditor in order to be able to determine when the Up or Down button is pressed and then by handling the XamComboEditor’s DropDownOpenning event I was able to cancel the opening of the dropdown if Up or Down key is pressed. Please let me know if this helps you or you need further assistance on this matter.

Looking forward for your reply.

XamComboEditorOverrideKeyDown.zip
    Offline posted

Hello,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.