Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
SQL Connections/Datasources Problems
posted

Hi,

I have started trying to use the Infragistics Reporting and have come into a couple of problems/questions.

When I create a report and add a SQL connection, it works fine. I can override the connection string with the 'ReportDbConnectionProvider', but when I move the report from out of the project and into a folder on my data drive, it comes up with an error when loading the report saying that there is an 'Error in DataContext = DataSource.sqlDataSource11'. It is also not hitting a breakpoint that I have put on the 'ReportDbConnectionProvider', which I am expecting it to, to get the SQL connection string.

I am setting the report location as so:

_Report = 'E:\ReportPOH.igr'

ReportViewer.RenderSettings.DefinitionUri = New Uri(_Report)

Exception:

Infragistics.Reports.Engine.EngineException: Error in DataContext =DataSources.sqlDataSource11. ---> Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.EngineDataException: Error in DataContext sqlDataSource11. ---> Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.ConnectionStringNotFoundException: Exception of type 'Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.ConnectionStringNotFoundException' was thrown.
at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.QueryHelper.RunQuery[T](String dataProvider, String connectionString, Query query, IDictionary`2 parameterValues, Func`2 action, CommandBehavior behavior, DbConnection customDbConnection)
at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.QueryHelper.RunQuery[T](String dataProvider, String connectionString, Query query, IDictionary`2 parameterValues, Func`2 action, DbConnection customDbConnection)
at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.SqlReportDataProvider.Execute()
at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.ReportDataSourceManager.CreateReportDataSource(DataSource dataSource)
at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.ReportDataSourceManager.GetReportDataSource(DataSource reportDataSource)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Data.ReportDataSourceManager.GetReportDataSource(DataSource reportDataSource)
at Infragistics.Reports.Engine.Planner.GetDataSourceFor(DataSource dataSource)
at Infragistics.Reports.Expressions.RuntimeEvaluationContext.<>c__DisplayClass2.b__1()
at Infragistics.Reports.Expressions.EvaluatorHelper.Accessor(Object target, String propertyName, Boolean onParent, Boolean scaleUp)
at lambda_method(Closure , IRuntimeEvaluationContext )
at Infragistics.Reports.Expressions.EvaluatorVisitor.Evaluate(Expression expression)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
An error occurred while binding an expression.

Any ideas?

My second question is can I have an object data source and a SQL data source in the same report and be able to use both the 'ReportDbConnectionProvider' to get the SQL connection string and also add data sources to the ReportViewer.RenderSettings.DataSources?

My third question is, I am trying to get descriptions of certain codes, which I don't hold in my object data source. Is there any way that I can call other objects functions within my program or anything like that to get to descriptions etc.?

My final question is, are you supporting RTF in your labels yet?

Thanks,

Rob

Offline posted

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and for the first question I can say that once you move the Report, the connection string should be updated. To the second question the answer is yes, you can use both SQL data source and Object data source. For the third question I will need more details, because I am not sure that I understand it correctly. For the RTF functionality you can log a Product Idea here:

http://ideas.infragistics.com/

Please let me know if you have further questions on this matter.

Looking forward for your reply.

Offline posted

Hello Rob,

I am just checking the progress of this issue and was wondering if you managed to achieve your goal or if you need any further assistance on the matter.