Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Sorting Issue with GroupColumn
posted

HI,

In the XAMGrid, I am using the GroupColumn feature to group few columns under one header. Everything is working as expected, but I noticed a issue,
when I change the sorting of data from the server side. Sorting details are as follows:

1. On click of a button, I change the SortDescriptors for the domaindatasurce.
2. Now, if the SortDescriptors has a combination of the columns - one column which is part of the  "GroupColumn" and another is a normal column(i.e. not part of any group column)
then I get the below error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at System.Windows.Controls.DomainDataSource.CancelLoadPrivate()
   at System.Windows.Controls.DomainDataSource.ExecuteLoad(LoadType loadType)

3. Note that on adding the SortDescriptors to my domaindatasurce, I am just calling the Load method of the domaindatasource. The sort works, if I select only normal columns(i.e. not part of any group column).

4. I am using the Infragistics Version V12.1

I appriciate any help with this issue.

Thanks,

Samson Tuscano

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Samson,

I have been looking into the details about the NullReferenceException that is being thrown in your project. The shared stack trace points to methods in the DomainDataSource. Is this the full stack trace recorded when the exception is thrown as it seems not related to the XamGrid?

After checking for any known issues related to group columns in the XamGrid control in Silverlight back in version 12.1, I found that one issue was reported and fixed in the latest service release for that version – 12.1.20121.2295. Do you use the same build?

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Children
No Data