Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
what to do to get grid filter to allow to continue typing
posted

Hi, I'm using FilterCellValueChanged event to capture the user entered text and when the text length meets a certain configured value (3), I'm using that that text to query a dataset and load the grid. As the currently configured length is 3, I'm able to enter only  2 characters and by the time I enter the 3rd character, it executes the code I have to query and load. However, it does not allow me to continue typing the remaining characters... Is there any property to be updated for that? Appreciate your help!

Private Sub grdEventEntry_FilterCellValueChanged(sender As Object, e As FilterCellValueChangedEventArgs) Handles grdEventEntry.FilterCellValueChanged
Dim sCondition
Try

Dim filterCell As UltraGridFilterCell = e.FilterCell
Dim editor As EmbeddableEditorBase = filterCell.EditorResolved

If Not mlEventEntryId > 0 AndAlso (Not IsNothing(editor.CurrentEditText) AndAlso Not IsDBNull(editor.CurrentEditText) AndAlso editor.CurrentEditText.ToString.Length >= miEventTypLen) Then

'

'

'
End If

Catch ex As Exception
ExceptionManager.Publish(ex)
End Try
End Sub

Parents Reply Children