Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Office 365 Credentials failure - Sorry, we received a bad request
posted

I have a couple of Office 365 users that keep getting denied access into their Office 365 SharePoint site after entering their credentials (using either the Office 365 or Web Login method). The page displays the following error and appears right after you tap "Sign In". 

We received a bad request. 
Additional Technical Information:
Correlation ID: 006d1bff-a210-44f8-aa90-7653243d2287
Timestamp: 2017-06-28 00:34:27Z
AADSTS165000: Invalid Request: The request tokens do not mach the user context. One or more of the user context values (cookies; form fields;headers) were incorrect or invalid, these values should not be copied between requests or user sessions; always maintain the ALL of the supplied values across a complete single user flow. Failure Reasons:[Token s invalid;]
I am sometimes able to log in after 1) deleting the site (clearing credentials cache only does not work) 2) close the app completely 3) open SharePlus and add the site again. I repeat, this "reset" works sometime. Not always. I have had the issue occur on multiple users in the same domain. 
What on earth is going on...? The accounts that fail have no problem getting their credentials to work on the Office 365 portal, on their email accounts (native iOS or Outlook for iOS) apps or other places the credentials are used... Only SharePlus. 
Does anyone have any ideas to try? 
Parents
    Suggested Answer
    posted

After nearly 2 weeks of troubleshooting I think this issue is related to a similar problem I experienced with a OneDrive for Business sync issue with MS O365. In that support case I was told to not use the "Sign In" button on the form but rather hit "Enter" on the keyboard after feeding in the password on the O365 web form credentials page. 

Low and behold... This worked. At least 75% of the time (up from 0% on any previous attempts using the Sign In button). Not a bad improvement but still really flaky. What I am noticing now is that if the "Enter" method fails (this would be the "Go" key on the iPad touch keyboard) immediately retry the credentials and use the Sign In button. 

I am probably going to be called crazy but after two weeks of logging in/out of SharePoint through SharePlus several hundred times... 

Reply Children
No Data