Appendix A - FAQs
Who from the client side will need to be involved in the kickoff meeting?
Several different groups are required for an optimal delivery of this Services package:
- Project Owner – This individual (or individuals) are needed to help guide the direction of the data visualizations needed by the organization, i.e. what metrics are the most important to display, and what second-level information is needed beyond the top-level reporting.
- Information Technology – This group is key in executing the (responsible for data) tasks required for placing the live\production data into an intermediary source for ReportPlus to access, which will ensure both high performance and low latency in accessing updated reports.
- Development Team – Infragistics will closely guide the programmers responsible for the solution in which ReportPlus will be embedded. From identifying the authentication and authorization solutions supported by ReportPlus, to instruction on the SDK and specific lines of code needed to complete the embed process.
Where will the dashboards be stored?
Dashboards can be stored in a number of locations:
- Locally – Depending on the type of application in which ReportPlus is embedded, individual *.rplus files can be stored locally and shared via email or any other file-sharing methodology
- Cloud – ReportPlus Cloud Storage provides a way to share your dashboards automatically across all of your devices. Every dashboard created on your device will be automatically synchronized with the cloud storage, and then sent to any other device associated to your account.
- On-Premise Server – This option offers you the ability to have all the dashboards administered and stored securely in your own infrastructure. You can take advantage of your existing Active Directory structure to define who can create and access dashboards in the same hierarchical way you can assign permissions in a shared file system.
*Does the service engagement include ETL services?
ETL services are not included in the services listed above. During the Workshop task, Infragistics will work with the client to determine if ETL services are required and enlist the use of tools and\or services (at an additional cost dependent on the size and scope required).
Is there a limitation to the number of places ReportPlus can be embedded?
While there is no technical limitation on the number of embedded locations, Infragistics will work with the client development team in implementing ReportPlus within one selected screen of the target application. The methodology used to embed in that screen can then be duplicated to other areas by the client development team.
What types of visualizations are available?
The full list of data visualizations included within ReportPlus is located on the Infragistics website. Custom visualizations are available, but are outside of the scope of this engagement.
Can ReportPlus connect directly to production data?
While ReportPlus has adapters to connect to a vast number of different data sources, connecting to live or production data should be limited to circumstances when the data itself is of low volatility (relatively few changes hour by hour) and has a low number of concurrent connections (either for updates or reporting). Otherwise, performance in ReportPlus and the data source itself (along with any application reliant on that data) will deteriorate.
How many dashboards and levels of drilldown will be implemented?
Infragistics will assist in creating a top level dashboard along with one level of drilldown.
Is more support available after the time specified within this offer?
If more assistance is needed with a ReportPlus Embedded solution after the completion of all of the tasks outlined above, a Change Order can be executed to provide ongoing support on a retainer-based model. This support can be utilized for technical issues with the SDK, assistance in embedding in other areas of the application (or new applications), and in creating more dashboards and levels of drilldown.
What platforms are available for embedding ReportPlus?
ReportPlus can currently be embedded into an iOS, Desktop (WPF), or Web (ASP.NET/jQuery) application.
What support does Infragistics provide after this engagement?
Priority support for the embedded product is available for each year of active subscription of ReportPlus. Additional support from the Infragistics Enterprise Mobility Services team can be purchased as a retainer through a change order.