Last Modified: 20-January-2022
You take privacy seriously, and so does Infragistics. It's our way of sustaining your trust in Infragistics as well as in our products and services.
Information We Collect and Store
Personal Data We Collect
Through your interaction with and use of the Infragistics web properties or use of our products, we may collect business relevant Personal Data, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to, your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, and company affiliation which is generally available on the World Wide Web. We do not collect sensitive or highly Personal Data.
We also collect anonymous information that is used to improve our websites and products performance and experience.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
In processing your Personal Data in connection with the purposes described in this Policy, we rely on the legal basis of Legitimate Interest. We collect Personal Data that is necessary for managing and promoting our business, maintaining a product supplier to customer business relationship which includes but is not limited to; product information and marketing communication, maintaining data and network security, improving website and product performance and customer experience, and preventing fraud and malicious acts.
In addition, Direct Marketing activities using Legitimate Interest as the legal basis uses purchased contact lists or publicly available sources of information as contact sources in marketing campaigns.
In general, you can visit Infragistics website or use our products without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself.
Our websites and products collect and store anonymous information about your visit or downloads on an aggregate basis. This information includes but is not limited to; the time and length of your visit, the pages you look at on our sites, the site you visited just before coming to ours, or the product downloaded. We may also record the name of your Internet service provider, browser type, and country of origin. We use this information only to measure site activity and to develop ideas for improving our sites and products.
Our desktop and mobile applications collect anonymous information about your use of the application to aid us in planning future improvements. Such information includes technical information about your mobile or desktop device such as the model and software versions as well as information about which features of our applications and services you use and the length of time you use such features. Should you encounter errors in use of the application, the application may report such errors along with information about what activity you were performing at the time. All such data are collected and transmitted anonymously.
We collect this anonymous information both directly and via use of third-party services such as Google Analytics.
Information You Provide
We ask you to register or login to your account in certain circumstances, including for example, when you download a product trial or free software, sign up for newsletter services, download patches, purchase software, register software, use our support forums or join a limited-access premium service. As part of the registration process, we collect personal data from you in order to provide service and to validate your access to your purchased products and our forums. Information we collect from you may include personal data, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, company name, and phone number ("PERSONAL DATA"). If you purchase products through our ecommerce site, we do not retain or store your credit card information.
Information Acquired from External Sources
Infragistics Marketing conducts outbound marketing campaigns to reach new customers. Contact information used in outbound marketing campaigns comes from voluntarily provided sources, such as trade shows, webinar and seminar registrations, publicly available sources such as Linkedin and purchased lists from companies such as Discover.org and RainKing. The processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes is carried out for a legitimate business reason. Only contacts who explicitly request to Unsubscribe from outbound marketing campaign mailers or newsletters are removed from our marketing system.
Information Associated With You
When you purchase a product, we provide you with a product license or other authorization mechanism to access to the purchased product. We maintain this information to prevent fraud and authorize access to the products you purchased as well as support services associated with your level of purchase. We provide access to this personal data through a customer portal service on our website for you to review, manage, renew your subscription, and obtain access to your purchased products.
If you purchase products through our ecommerce facilities for one year or recurring subscriptions, we do not retain your financial information. Recurring subscription authorization is maintained in an encrypted medium by a PCI-compliant payment processor.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use collected Information for several purposes:
- We may use your Personal Data to process your transactions.
- We analyze collected Information to better understand your needs and interests in order that we may improve our service to you.
- We may combine anonymous information with information you provide to provide a more personal experience on our website or in our products.
- We may use personal data to contact you to follow up on service and support requests that you have initiated or to provide services that you request.
- We may contact you from time to time to inform you about changes in our services, including new product and product version announcements.
- We post testimonials on our website and in our marketing material that may contain personal data. Prior to posting a testimonial we will obtain your consent to use the testimonial information and your name.
- Should you download trial software, we may contact you for a limited period to communicate with you on the progress of your trial or to provide you with product education material.
- Infragistics hosts webinars and other events that may be of interest to our community, and we may contact you about such events if we feel they may be of interest to you.
- We will not use or disclose the information to third parties except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have requested;
- any third party who holds your information as agreed comply with the EU GDPR requirements for handling EU personal data;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Infragistics, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service.
You will receive product and services information, special offers, and general marketing material as a customer or interested party of Infragistics’ products and services. If you don't want Infragistics to send you e-mail or postal mail regarding Infragistics' products, services, or special offers, you may unsubscribe at any time. Unsubscribe links to eliminate further email communications are available on all e-mail communication material. Marketing material unsubscribe options are also available in the customer portal for those with Infragistics website accounts.
For Infragistics customers, Trial users, or seminar/webinar registrants, some material is not subject to Unsubscribe such as communication related to product downloads, sales transactions, trial requests, software updates, support related information, software patches, fixes or responses to support issues, confirmations for seminars and webinars, disclosures to comply to legal requirements and quality assurance surveys.
In the course of using certain of our applications and services, you may provide our applications or services with access to your data (including files and personal data), either locally on a device or remotely on servers. In the case of data that is not considered anonymous, we have a Secure by Default process. Any time our products, such as Slingshot, Reveal, ReportPlus or SharePlus, need access to local data, require a username or password, or otherwise require access to provide our service, you are asked to opt-in to the request.
- If you are using OAuth to authenticate to a server, we do not store any username or password information, we are using the provided access token to authenticate our applications to your server.
- If you enter your username and password in any other fashion, and you opt-in to persist this information for subsequent use, it is stored locally and encrypted.
- In Reveal, we do not store any of your data, personal information or passwords required by your dashboards. The Dashboard definition is stored as a JSON file with no personal information included.
If you choose to use our support services, you may post information on our support forums or submit information at your discretion in order to more fully describe a problem. Such information may include files containing data or programs. Information that you post on the support forums is publicly available to those who have access to the forums, and it is your responsibility to ensure it does not contain personal or sensitive information.
We do not transmit or otherwise use your data for any purpose other than fulfilling the service. We do not transfer your data to third parties.
Revision of Personal Data
Infragistics retains minimum Personal Data that is reasonable and expected in the management and maintenance of a product supplier to customer relationship. Infragistics customers may review and update their profile and subscription information on the Infragistics website customer portal.
If you have issues revising your Personal Data, send mail to Privacy@Infragistics.com and state your need and contact information for help.
Retention and Deletion of Personal Data
Personal Data Transfer, Processing and Storage
We process and store data about you on servers located in a number of countries. Your Personal Data may therefore be transferred to, using appropriate security protocols, processed and stored in a country different from your country of residence, and be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. The Personal Data that we store is not highly sensitive and is required to conduct normal and expected business practices. Specifically, Personal Data, as described in this policy, is stored on US-based data servers or in Cloud Storage Services managed by US and International companies. We and all third-party companies with which we engage with have committed to complying with international, national and state data privacy regulations including the 2018 EU GDPR privacy regulation for EU residents. Based on the Lawful basis definition, as defined by the EU GDPR regulation and other similar / same international, national and state data privacy regulations, Infragistics’ use and storage of minimal Customer Personal Data, the Legitimate Interests basis is the appropriate legal basis of data storage and use. It is a reasonable and expected use of customer and prospective customer data.
For questions or concerns about your Personal Data, review, correction, or deletion of your Personal Data you can contact Infragistics’ data protection officer at Privacy@Infragistics.com
Please be sure to include your exact name, telephone number and your specific question, comment or concern.