Skip to content

Infragistics Community Forum / Web / Ignite UI for React / React Spreadsheet – drag and drop

React Spreadsheet – drag and drop

New Discussion
Daniel Blackwell
Daniel Blackwell asked on Dec 5, 2022 4:44 PM

I am testing the React Spreadsheet and have found a use case that I cannot get to work.
I wish to be able to click on different cells within the React Spreadsheet control & drag each of them outside of the control onto a separate control so that I can link the active cell (worksheet/row/column) with the external control data.

Is this possible? I cannot see a way of doing this without having a third control that can get the active cell data (via activeCellChanged) and then having to drag this control.

Thanks, Dan.

Sign In to post a reply

Replies

  • 0
    Michael DiFilippo
    Michael DiFilippo answered on Dec 5, 2022 4:44 PM

    Hello Daniel, 

    Thank you for contacting Infragistics. The spreadsheet does not support any type of Drag Drop. You can submit a feature request on our github page here:

    https://github.com/IgniteUI/igniteui-react/issues/

    The selectionChanged event might make more sense if you are dragging multiple cells. You'll have to capture a mouse up on the "paste" control and then add items based on what was in that selection manually.

  • 0
    Aiza Fatima
    Aiza Fatima answered on May 22, 2026 10:37 AM

    React Spreadsheet with drag-and-drop support sounds super useful for improving workflow and making data management much smoother. Love how interactive spreadsheet components are becoming in modern React apps — definitely a big productivity boost for users . Also found this helpful resource for menu updates and pricing info: https://kfcmenupakistan.com/

  • 0
    Lucas Bruno
    Lucas Bruno answered on Jul 30, 2026 6:28 AM

    Native drag-and-drop support would definitely make this component more flexible, especially for workflows that involve linking spreadsheet cells with external UI elements. Until that’s available, using the selectionChanged event along with a custom drop target seems like the most practical approach. While researching similar React interaction patterns, I also came across https://espacoinvisiveis.com.br/, which has a variety of useful web-based tools that might be helpful depending on your workflow.

  • 0
    Gabriel Santos
    Gabriel Santos answered on Aug 1, 2026 5:52 AM

    I agree that native drag-and-drop support would make these kinds of integrations much easier. Until then, combining the selectionChanged event with a custom implementation seems like the most practical workaround for linking spreadsheet data with external components. I’ve also seen developers share useful utilities through Espaço Invisível FF, especially for small web-based tasks and text formatting, alongside other productivity tools. Hopefully drag-and-drop support is considered in a future update.

  • 0
    khaliq khaliq
    khaliq khaliq answered on Sep 29, 2026 7:32 AM

    @Daniel Blackwell

    Native drag-and-drop support would definitely make this component more flexible, especially for workflows that involve linking spreadsheet cells with external UI elements. Until that’s available, using the selection Changed event along with a custom drop target seems like the most practical approach. While researching similar React interaction patterns, I also came across  which has a variety of useful font generator cursive web-based tools that might be helpful depending on your workflow.

  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Discussion created by
Favorites
Replies
Created On
Last Post
Discussion created by
Daniel Blackwell
Favorites
0
Replies
5
Created On
Dec 05, 2022
Last Post
2 days, 2 hours ago

Suggested Discussions

Created by

Created on

Dec 5, 2022 4:44 PM

Last activity on

Feb 27, 2026 3:03 PM