Skip to content

Replies

0
Mark Langley
Mark Langley answered on Oct 2, 2014 3:15 PM

Thanks Mike,

When it comes to using igGrid, I having to make a mental shift from thinking about coding C# classes and interfaces on the server side to thinking about coding jQuery on the client side. Whew!!

Is there an example of how I could simulate the UltraWinGrid ColumnStyle.EditButton behavior in igGrid?

I want to embed a hidden button in the grid. But when the user places their mouse over a cell in the grid, I want the button to appear. 

Then if the user clicks the button, a dialog is launched which itself contains a search field, a Go button and a grid for the search results.

The user enters a value in the search field and clicks to Go button to execute a query.

Then if the user double-clicks a row in the grid in the dialog, the search result values from the selected row are copied from the grid in the dialog back to the parent igGrid.

This is the behavior I currently have in many of the UltraWinGrids in my apps.

Let me know.

Mark

 

0
Mark Langley
Mark Langley answered on Oct 1, 2014 1:45 PM

Hi Mike,

I have a couple of other topics:

1) Custom Summaries that inherit from ICustomSummaryCalculator.

Is this ICustomSummaryCalculator interface available to be used with the igGrid?

2) With UltraWinGrid, I could define various column styles (EditButton, DropDownValidate).

Are those column styles available to be used with the igGrid?

Thanks

Mark

0
Mark Langley
Mark Langley answered on Sep 25, 2014 3:24 PM

Thank you for the quick response, Mike.

Give me some time to review those links. I have some additional questions, but will get into those later.

Mark