You take privacy seriously, and so does Infragistics. It's our way of sustaining your trust in Infragistics as well as in our products and services.
Information We Collect and Store
Through your interaction with and use of the Infragistics website or use of our applications, we may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, physical address, telephone number, e-mail address, company affiliation and associated interests.
In general, you can visit Infragistics on the World Wide Web or use our applications without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself.
Our websites collect and store anonymous information about your visit on an aggregate basis. This information includes the time and length of your visit, the pages you look at on our sites, and the site you visited just before coming to ours. We may also record the name of your Internet service provider, browser type, and country of origin. We use this information only to measure site activity and to develop ideas for improving our sites.
Our desktop and mobile applications collect anonymous information about your use of the application to aid us in planning future improvements. Such information includes technical information about your mobile or desktop device such as the model and software versions as well as information about which features of our applications and services you use and the length of time you use such features. Should you encounter errors in use of the application, the application may report such errors along with information about what activity you were performing at the time. All such data are collected and transmitted anonymously.
We collect anonymous information both directly and via use of third party services such as Google Analytics and Flurry.
Information You Provide
We ask you to register in certain circumstances, including for example, when you download trial or free software, sign up for newsletter services, download patches, purchase software, register software, use our support forums or join a limited-access premium service. As part of the registration process, we collect personal information from you in order to provide service. Information we collect from you includes personal information, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, company name, and phone number ("Personal Information"). If you purchase products through our ecommerce site, we do not retain and store your credit card information.
How We Use Collected Information
We may use collected information for several purposes:
- We may use your Personal Information to process your transactions.
- We analyze collected Information to better understand your needs and interests in order that we may improve our service to you.
- We may combine anonymous information with information you provide to provide a more personal experience on our website or in our products.
- We may use personal information to contact you to follow up on service and support requests that you have initiated or to provide services that you request.
- We may contact you from time to time to inform you about changes in our services, including new product and product version announcements.
- We post testimonials on our website and in our marketing material that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial we will obtain your consent to use the testimonial information and your name.
- Should you download trial software, we may contact you for a limited period to communicate with you on the progress of your trial or to provide you with product education material.
- Infragistics hosts webinars and other events that may be of interest to our community, and we may contact you about such events if we feel they may be of interest to you.
- We will not use or disclose the information to third parties except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have requested;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Infragistics, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service.
Some material is not subject to general opt-out such as communication related to product downloads, sales transactions, trial requests, software updates, support related information, software patches or fixes or responses to support issues, confirmations for seminars and webinars, disclosures to comply to legal requirements and quality assurance surveys.
In the course of using certain of our applications and services, you may provide our applications or services with access to your data (including files and personal information), either locally on a device or remotely on servers. For example, you may access contact details or information stored on servers via SharePlus or ReportPlus. Where our applications access your data, we do so only for the purpose of providing the service.
Our applications may store your data locally on your device, for the purpose of improving the performance of the application. Where we do store such data, it is stored securely.
If you choose to use our support services, you may post information on our support forums or submit information at your discretion in order to more fully describe a problem. Such information may include files containing data or programs.
We do not transmit or otherwise use your data for any purpose other than fulfilling the service.
Information Transfer, Processing and Storage
We transfer, process and store data about you on servers located in a number of countries. Your Personal Information may therefore be transferred to, processed and stored in a country different from your country of residence, and be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. Specifically, Personal Information, as described in this policy, is stored on US-based data servers or in Cloud Storage Services managed by US companies. Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties referred to below that are located in a country outside of the EEA and Switzerland, where you may have fewer rights in relation to your Personal Information. By creating an account and providing us with your Personal Information, you are consenting to the transfer, processing and storage of your Personal Information in countries outside of your country of residence and, specifically, the transfer, processing and storage of your Personal Information in the US.
Retention and Deletion
Infragistics will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active; as needed to provide you products or services; as needed for the purposes outlined in this policy or at the time of collection; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to honor opt-outs), resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; or to the extent permitted by law.
If requested, Infragistics will delete your Personal Information in a manner designed to ensure that it cannot be reconstructed or read.
Please feel free to contact Infragistics with any questions, comments, or concerns at:
Phone: 609-448-2000 or 1-800-231-8588
Mail: 2 Commerce Drive, Cranbury, NJ 08512
When writing to us, please be sure to include your exact name, mailing address, telephone number and your specific question, comment or concern.