Infragistics Privacy Statement
You take privacy seriously, and so does Infragistics. It's our way of sustaining your trust in Infragistics as well as in our products and services.
Information We Collect and Store
In general, you can visit Infragistics on the World Wide Web or use our applications without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself.
Our websites collect and store anonymous information about your visit on an aggregate basis. This information includes the time and length of your visit, the pages you look at on our sites, and the site you visited just before coming to ours. We may also record the name of your Internet service provider, browser type, and country of origin. We use this information only to measure site activity and to develop ideas for improving our sites.
Our desktop and mobile applications collect anonymous information about your use of the application to aid us in planning future improvements. Such information includes technical information about your mobile or desktop device such as the model and software versions as well as information about which features of our applications and services you use and the length of time you use such features. Should you encounter errors in use of the application, the application may report such errors along with information about what activity you were performing at the time. All such data are collected and transmitted anonymously.
We collect anonymous information both directly and via use of third party services such as Google Analytics and Flurry.
Information You Provide
We ask you to register in certain circumstances, including for example, when you download trial or free software, sign up for newsletter services, download patches, purchase software, register software, use our support forums or join a limited-access premium service. As part of the registration process, we collect personal information from you in order to provide service. Information we collect from you includes personal information, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card number ("Registration Information").
How We Use Collected Information
We may use collected information for several purposes:
- We analyze collected information to better understand your needs and interests in order that we may improve our service to you.
- We may combine anonymous information with information you provide to provide a more personal experience on our website or in our products.
- We may use personal information to contact you to follow up on service and support requests that you have initiated or to provide services that you request.
- We may contact you from time to time to inform you about changes in our services, including new product and product version announcements.
- Should you download trial software, we may contact you for a limited period to communicate with you on the progress of your trial.
- Infragistics hosts webinars and other events that may be of interest to our community, and we may contact you about such events if we feel they may be of interest to you.
- We will not use or disclose the information to third parties except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have requested, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of [COMPANY NAME], its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service.
If you don't want Infragistics to send you e-mail or postal mail regarding Infragistics' products, services, or special offers, you may opt-out at any time.
In the course of using certain of our applications and services, you may provide our applications or services with access to your data (including files and personal information), either locally on a device or remotely on servers. For example, you may access contact details or information stored on servers via SharePlus or ReportPlus. Where our applications access your data, we do so only for the purpose of providing the service.
Our applications may store your data locally on your device, for the purpose of improving the performance of the application. Where we do store such data, it is stored securely.
If you choose to use our support services, you may post information on our support forums or submit information at your discretion in order to more fully describe a problem. Such information may include files containing data or programs.
We do not transmit or otherwise use your data for any purpose other than fulfilling the service.
Please feel free to contact Infragistics at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or concerns.