Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Scrolling for grid table is not working in firefox for desktop and in chrome its working fine
posted

Hi, 

I have been trying to find some solution for scrolling behavior for grid table in Firefox meanwhile its working fine in chrome. 

also the mouse wheel scrolling is not working in Firefox. I dont know whats the issue with Grid but when i inspect the code in firefox its transforming in negative or postive value for scrolling after (transform: -50px) it does not scroll, on the other hand in chrome CSS code is different and its just scrolling due to (overflow-y: auto).

The calculation is done via javascript for scroll as you can see in the screenshot. it does not scroll after certain PX.

this screenshot is from firefox browser

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

I have been looking into your question and I have created a small sample trying to reproduce the described behavior. I am using a simple igx-grid component which has a small height and enough date to be scrollable. On my side everything works as expected and I am able to I scroll the grid without a problem to the bottom and top in both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. I am testing the sample in the latest version of Ignite UI Angular version 17.0.0.

The described scenario could be observed here:

Mozilla Firefox:

Google Chrome:

My guess is that this may be due to some additional configuration, feature, styles or some custom logic on your end. Therefore in order to ensure that the described scenario is addressed correctly, I will need some additional information regarding your scenario. Could you please answer the following questions:

• How is your grid structured?
    • What features have you handled on the grid?
    • Do you have additional grid styles added?
    • What are the parent grid element styles?
    • Do you have any additional configuration?
    • Could you provide more information, screenshots, videos, code snippets or best approach is to provide isolated sample with steps to reproduce this behavior?

This information is going to be highly appreciated and will help me in my further investigation.

Here you will find my sample for your reference. Please test it on your side and let me know how it behaves. If this is not an accurate demonstration of what you are trying to achieve, please feel free to modify it and send it back to me along with steps to reproduce. Alternatively, if the behavior cannot be replicated, please feel free to provide your own sample.

Having a working sample on my side, which I can debug, is going to be very helpful in finding the root cause of this behavior. 

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Georgi Anastasov

Entry Level Software Developer

Infragistics

Children
No Data