Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCombo Row Selected on New Row Creation in UltraWinGrid
posted

I am using an ultracombo as the editor for a column in ultrawingrid. The ultracombo contains has 2 text fields - one for the value and one for the text. When the user inserts a new row into the grid, the first row of the ultracombo is selected. How do I get that to stop? I want the field to be empty when the new row is created. 

For various reasons, the grid is not used to create the new row. The user has to click a button to do that. The SelectedRow property is set to nothing for the ultracombo at that time. No events are programmed for the ultracombo, since none are required - changes to the ultragrid cell are taken care of by AfterCellListCloseUp and AfterCellUpdate. I just don't see at all how the ultracombo gets a value.

What have I been doing wrong?

Thank you, Gale

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Gale,

I have been investigating into the issue you are seeing and I have created a sample project to attempt to reproduce the behavior you are seeing, but upon adding a new row to the UltraGrid with a null value for the column that has the UltraCombo as an editor, I am unable to reproduce the behavior where the first row is selected.

I am attaching the sample project I have created to attempt to test this. Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the DLL versions we are using.  My test was performed using version 21.1.20211.24 in Infragistics for Windows Forms 2021.1.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

UltraGridUltraComboDemo.zip

Reply Children
No Data