Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Sorting in the UltraPivotGrid
posted

My PivotGrid is bound to FlatDatasource and I have a hierarchy with levels which I would like to custom sort. The grid will auto-sort in alphabetical order, like this:

The order within each level is not what we need. Is there any way to control this?

Also, is there any way to control the order of values within hierarchy? Here it also orders them alphabetically. That is most of the time fine for me, but there are times when I would like to customize the order of values. Here is an example:

Could the visible order of Department values in above example be set somehow?

Thanks,

Trausti

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Trausti,

I have been investigating into the behavior you are seeing, and at the moment, there does not appear to be a way to disable the sort or provide a custom one to the columns of the UltraPivotGrid. The only configurable sorting that is currently allowed on this control is a sort of the data rows, which you can apply by calling the columns' Sort() method and passing a descending sort direction, or by modifying the SortedColumns collection of the grid. This will not sort the column headers though, as they are locked to be sorted alphabetically.

If you would like the ability to see a SortComparer or other way to implement a custom sort for the headers of the grid potentially implemented in the UltraPivotGrid control, I would recommend suggesting a new product idea for this at our Windows Forms Ideas Site, here. This will place you in direct communication with our product management teams who plan and prioritize upcoming features and development based on community and user feedback.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Reply Children
No Data