Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Dropdown in row with value selected
posted

I have a datasource which contains a status column. I also have an array, PART_STATUS, which contains all the possible statuses.

Is it possible to display a dropdown menu in that column with all the PART_STATUS statuses and have the correct option be selected?

index.zip
Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello John,

Yes, it is possible to have a dropdown menu in the STATUS column of your sample.
    How it would work is to have Updating feature enabled with column editor type for that specific column set to combo.

I have attached a modified version of your sample with Updating feature set and defined all other columns except the STATUS column to be read only so it resembles the previous look. Of course you can change that based on your goals.

Note: For the drop down menu to be shown you will need to click first on the desired cell so that you enter edit mode for the cell.
    Also since Updating with editMode option set to "cell" doesn't display the Done/Cancel buttons, if you want them to be displayed editMode needs to be set to "row".

Let me know if you have further questions regarding this subject.

Best Regards,
    Svetoslav Krastev
    Infragistics, Inc.

updatingComboEditor.zip
Children