Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using Infragistics Controls in an Open Source Project
posted

I am working on a new project that uses the Infragistics WPF controls for the UI. I would like to make the project open source on GitHub, but I realize that this has license implications when it comes to the Infragistics controls and the per-developer license model. Under the license, I gather that I am I allowed to release my source code under an open source license and redistribute the Infragistics DLLs (definitely not the source code). How does the Infragistics license affect my accepting pull requests/community contributions from my users (it's a developer tool). Will I be in violation of the license if a non-Infragistics licensee makes changes to code or XAML definitions that use or make calls to the Infragistics WPF APIs or controls?

Thanks for any advice or guidance.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello,

Any developer that makes a pull request and wants to build the project would need to have their own Infragistics license.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Children
No Data