Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MVC5 and Ignite 15.1 MVC Helpers Error - Attempt by security transparent method 'Infragistics.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelperExtensions.Infragistics
posted

I am received the following error after upgrading to ASP.NET MVC5 with Ignite 15.1. This happens using the grid, however I suspect it would happen with all MVC Helpers.

From other posts I can see there was a ticket open for this but it was over a year ago and my understanding is that this would have been fixed by now.

Key points:

System.Web.Mvc = Version 5.0.11001.0

Infragistics.Web.Mvc = Version=4.15.1.1005

Error:

Attempt by security transparent method 'Infragistics.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelperExtensions.Infragistics(System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper`1<!!0>)' to access security critical type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper`1<TModel>' failed.

Assembly 'Infragistics.Web.Mvc, Version=4.15.1.1005, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb' is marked with the AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute, and uses the level 2 security transparency model. Level 2 transparency causes all methods in AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers assemblies to become security transparent by default, which may be the cause of this exception.

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Kevin,

You're using Infragistics.Web.Mvc version compiled against MVC 4 (the first digit of the assembly version indicates the MVC version).

You need to reference Infragistics.Web.Mvc.dll Version=5.15.1.1005 which should be located (by default) in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Infragistics\2015.1\Ignite UI\MVC\MVC5\Bin

Hope this helps,
    Martin Pavlov
    Infragistics, Inc.

Reply Children
No Data