Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
On Playback, there are times I get "unhandled exception" error message ... While other times, I do not. Why the inconsistency?
posted

I'm using Rational Functional Tester version 7.0.1.1 along with the trial version of TestAdvantage for Windows Forms (IBM) 2007 vol. 3 CLR 2.0.

At times I have been able to successully run my automation script with no errors ... While other times I can not.  The client application software being scripted has not been altered at all.  Note - I have rebooted my computer each time to run my script ... and still same inconsistent results ... One time it will run successfully and the other time it will not, and give the following error message below.

The error message reads as follows:

exception_name = com.rational.test.ft.ObjectNotFoundException exception_message = Looking for [com.infragistics.rft.testobjects.UltraTreeTestObject(Name: ultraActionstree, Map: ultraActions)] - no plausible candidate was found. script_name = EV2007_Navigation_Performance1 script_id = EV2007_Navigation_Performance1.java line_number = 33 exception_stack = at com.rational.test.ft.object.interfaces.StatelessGuiSubitemTestObject.click(StatelessGuiSubitemTestObject.java:166)
at EV2007_Navigation_Performance1.testMain(EV2007_Navigation_Performance1.java:33)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

It almost seems as if the TestAdvantage proxy is losing the ability to recognize the following Infragistics object:

UltraTreeTestObject resources.EV2007_Navigation_Performance1Helper.ultraActionstree()

ultraActions: with default state. Name : ultraActions TabIndex : 2 Text : .class : Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.UltraTree .classIndex : 0

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Tarik Hamad 

Parents Reply Children
No Data