Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
FieldLayout ignore FieldBinding
posted

Hi,

After the update from 15.2 to 16.1, the FieldBinding is ignored

With 15.2 works fine.

<igWPF:Field  Name="Salutation" 
 Label="{igWPF:FieldBinding Localizer[Salutation]}"/>

'Localizer' is a ReadOnly Property from the ViewModel.

in 15.2: Label = "Anrede" (Localized German Text)

in 16.1: Label = "Salutation"

Sincerely

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for your post.

We are currently aware of this issue, and it has since been fixed internally. There was a regression issue with the 16.1 version of Infragistics for WPF that essentially broke the FieldBinding in the XamDataGrid. As a workaround for the time being I would recommend using the following binding:

Label = "{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource Self}, Path=Owner.DataPresenter.DataContext.Localizer[Salutation]}".

Breaking the above binding down, it binds back to the Field via a RelativeSource Self. The Owner property returns the FieldLayout that the Field belongs to, and the DataPresenter property returns the XamDataGrid so that you can bind to its data context.

I have created a case for you that I will link to the regression mentioned above, so that you can track this development issue and be notified when a public fix becomes available. This case has an ID of CAS-173430-S1D1M9, and you can access it here: https://www.infragistics.com/my-account/support-activity.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

Children
No Data