Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Markers stick to bubble chart when adding or removing series in Chrome.
posted

Hello there,

I'm using an igDataChart with multiple series. The series are of type bubble and scatterLine (see attached image: Capture1). The scatter lines are used as simple lines, each scatter line series has a dataSource consisting of two points. These two points are outside the charts window of view; only the lines can be seen by the user (as in Capture1).

These lines are to be added or removed by the user. Removal is done using the remove option in series. For example, to remove a single scatterLine:

$('#myDataChart').igDataChart('option', 'series' [{ name: 'myScatterLineSeries', remove: true}]); 

Adding a scatterLine is done by getting the chart series array, then pushing a scatterLine series to the array, then setting the chart series.

For example: 

var mySeries = $('#myDataChart').igDataChart('option', 'series');

mySeries.push(myScatterLineSeries);

$('#myDataChart').igDataChart('option', 'series', mySeries);

The scatterLines add and remove appropriately, but the issue is that sometimes, in Chrome, when adding or removing these scatterLines some markers (or bubbles, as seen in Capture1) will become stuck to the chart. That is, when panning or zooming, the markers do not move. This does not occur in IE or Firefox. Sometimes there is an error thrown in Chrome developer tools when this happens:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'f' of null

If the error is expanded it says:

s   @ infragistics.dv.js:86

ret @ infragistics.util.js:25

If I "pretty print" (or unminify) the js files, it says:

s   @ infragistics.dv.js:formatted:88576

ret @ infragistics.util.js:formatted:5409

This seems to be a bug in the infragistics code:

The issue doesn't exist in IE or Firefox

The error only points back to infragistics files

Similar methods are used elsewhere in the program without a problem.

I will probably not have time to create a sample that exhibits this bug. But, I can provide more information.