Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
DropDownProvider Issues
posted

I have a WebDataGrid that uses the DropDownProvider I want the user to be able to start typing and the have the matching item selected automatically. I have it working with a few issues.  First, the user is able to delete part of the selected text, thus getting an invalid value that does not match an item in the list.  Is there a way to prevent the user from doing this?  Also, once the user opens the dropdown list, autocomplete no longer works.  The user has to select the selected text or click off of the drop down column and then re-selected it.  What I would like is for the selected text to remain highlighted when opening the drop down list.

Another issue is that when clicking on a column with a drop down in a new row "null" appears until the user selects a an item from the list.  Is there a way to get it to default to the first item in the list for a new row?

Below is the code for the DropDownProvider:

<ig:DropDownProvider ID="ProjectProvider">
                <EditorControl DataSourceID="dsProjects" DropDownContainerMaxHeight="300px"
                     TextField="ProjectName"
                    ValueField="ProjectID" ClientIDMode="Predictable"
                    EnableAnimations="False" EnableDropDownAsChild="False"
                    EnableCustomValues="False" EnableCustomValueSelection="False">
                    <DropDownItemBinding TextField="ProjectID" ValueField="ProjectID" />
<DropDownItemBinding TextField="ProjectName" ValueField="ProjectID"></DropDownItemBinding>
                </EditorControl>
            </ig:DropDownProvider>

Parents Reply Children
No Data