Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
2012.2 Help Installer fails
posted

I'm having an issue with installing the 2012.2 WinForms and ASP.NET Help files.  I'm aware of the manual steps to integrate them into the 2010 Help system, but I can't really even get that far.  The Help installers fail while copyiong the files with an error indicating "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected".  The installation then rolls back.  If I run the 2010 Help manager before the rooll-back, the .msha file exists and the merge begins, but fails with an exception.  This happens on W7x64 and XP Pro machines being run as Admin.

Any ideas?

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

I will be happy to assist you with your question.

May I ask if you have taken the following tips into consideration when attempting to install NetAdvantage for Windows Forms:
    http://help.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/WinForms/2012.2/CLR4.0/?page=Introduction_Tips_for_Installing_NetAdvantage_Windows_Forms.html

- You must be logged in as an Administrator to install NetAdvantage for .NET. This login must also be able to update the system registry.
    - Make sure there is enough space for installation, including your temporary files. By default, Windows stores temporary files in the directory C:\WINDOWS\Temp.
    - Microsoft® Visual Studio® must be installed and kept closed while installing NetAdvantage for .NET and/or any of the NetAdvantage utilities (e.g. Toolbox utility)..
    - The install should be run from a local hard drive. You might encounter issues if it is run from a network drive.
    - If you have already installed the trial version of NetAdvantage for .NET, there is no need to uninstall/reinstall the software. You can simply run the installer file (e.g., NetAdvantage_NET_20082_CLR2x.exe) from the appropriate directory (e.g., C:\Program Files\Infragistics\NetAdvantage 2012.2) and insert your CD-Key when prompted by the installation wizard.
    - If you receive an error stating that your license key is invalid during the installation, first confirm that you entered the key correctly. If you did, cancel the installation (do not "install as trial"), reboot your computer, and run the installer file again, as this clears the incorrect value from the internal cache.
    - The file name (including all path information) cannot exceed more than 256 characters -- this is a limitation of Windows®. Our installer works around this internally by using the "8.3" notation, where for example "C:\Program Files\" is referred to as "C:\PROGRA~1\". If you provide a destination folder name that is too long when installing NetAdvantage for .NET, you may receive a "file is missing or corrupt" error.
    - If you install any combination of the NetAdvantage for .NET installs and remove one of them at a later time, this might result in known issues. To resolve these issues, reinstall the appropriate NetAdvantage for .NET product.
    - If you have NetAdvantage AppStylist® for Windows Forms installed, and you modify one of the installed Infragistics Style Library (*.isl) files, and want to save the changes for later, ensure that you save your changes as a different file. This will ensure that your customized .isl files are not overwritten by a NetAdvantage for .NET hotfix, or removed during a NetAdvantage for .NET uninstall.

If you have taken these tips into consideration, please follow the steps provided in Knowledge Base Article: KB010039 to create and attach log files I can use to isolate the cause of this issue. You may find the article by clicking on the link below:
    http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=10039

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this matter.

Reply Children
No Data