Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Binding data to TemplateDataField
posted

Hi,

I'm creating my columns dynamically from code bhing. Now I want to add a column as Hyperlink for example I have columns named Name, Age, Country and I want Name column to be a hyperlink column. can some let me know how I can achieve this? I tried creating a template field and then adding the hyperlink to the template field in Initialiserow command, but I'm unable to get the item value for Name column i.e. row.items[0].Text is returning me a null value when as when I delcare the same field as Bound field I'm getting the value.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Surya

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Surya,

Thank you for posting in our forums!

You can access the data for the row during the InitializeRow event through the e.Row.DataItem property.  This property stores the data values used for each column in the current row.  See below for an example of how you can use this:

DataRowView data = e.Row.DataItem as DataRowView;

link.Text = data["Name"].ToString();

I have also attached a sample that demonstrates creating a link through this method.

If you have any further questions or concerns with this, please let me know and I will be glad to help.

WDG_BindToTemplateDataField.zip
Children