Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid with LinkButton in TemplateDataField
posted

Hello.

My goal is to add to WebDataGrid a field containing a LinkButton with a server-side event. I'm adding the new column in codebehind on PageLoad event along with creating and binding DataSet. After clicking the link the page recieves PostBack, this time I bind stored DataSet to the grid but the TemplateDataField column remains empty.

I've attached an example application illustrating this behaviour. It looks like the instance of ItemTemplate does not trigger OnDataBinding event of the container on the secondary DataBinding.

WebGridTest.zip
Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Anton,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

The template needs to be set on each postback.Otherwise it will not be re-created on postback.

Make sure that you get the related column and set the ItemTemplate on postback. For example:

if (!IsPostBack)

{

}

else

{

var ds = (DataSet) Session["ds"];

if (ds != null)

{                                                                                                                                              

WebDataGrid1.ClearDataSource();

TemplateDataField temp = (TemplateDataField)WebDataGrid1.Columns["Attachments"];

temp.ItemTemplate = new AttachmentsTemplate();

WebDataGrid1.DataSource = ds;

WebDataGrid1.DataBind();

}

}

Let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer II

Infragistics, Inc.

http://www.infragistics.com/support

Children