Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to get the value of rowspan. Object is null or undefined in Ignite UI IgGrid.
posted

Hello All,

This is regarding an odd behaviour of iggrid what i have noticed while implementing multicolumn header [ two or more column with single column header] feature in ignite ui iggrid.

I have a employeeList with following columns : EmpNo,First Name,Last Name,Salary, Is Active.

Now I have to make a iggrid with following header:Employee Number, First Name,Last name, Salary.But under first column header following three columns needs to be shown:

1) checkbox to select a row,

2) image base on active or not

3)Employee Number

While implementing multicolumn header in my iggrid i am getting following jquery error "Unable to get the value of rowspan. object is null or undefined".

If I remove that feature I am getting following jquery error: "Unable to get the value of group. object is null or undefined".

Following is the sample code snippet:

<script src="~/Scripts/jquery-1.10.2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="~/Scripts/jquery-ui-1.10.4.js"></script>

<link href="~/IgniteUI/css/structure/infragistics.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<link href="~/IgniteUI/css/themes/infragistics/infragistics.theme.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<link href="~/IgniteUI/css/structure/jquery.ui.theme.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<script src="~/IgniteUI/js/infragistics.core.js"></script>

<script src="~/IgniteUI/js/infragistics.lob.js"></script>

Ajax call:

$.ajax({
                    url: '@Url.Action("LoadEmployee", "Employee")',
                    type: "POST",
                    data: { empNo: $("#txtEmployeeNo").val() },
                    async: false,                  
                    cache: false,
                    success: function (data) {
    var empData=[];
                                    var image = '@Url.Content("~/Images/ActiveImage.jpg")';
     for (var i = 0; i < data.employeeList.length; i++) {
                                    debugger;
                                    var empRow = {};
                                    var item = data.employeeList[i];
     if(item.isActive=="Y")
     {
     empRow.ActiveImage ='<input type=\'image\' id=\'imgActive\' src=\'' + image + '\' style=\'width: 14px; height: 14px; visibility:visible\' />';
     }
     else
     {
     empRow.ActiveImage ='<input type=\'image\' id=\'imgActive\' src=\'' + image + '\' style=\'width: 14px; height: 14px; visibility:hidden\' />';
     }
               empRow.IdCheck='<input type="check" id="chkEmployee"'+i+' />';
               empRow.EmpNo = (item.EmpNo + "").trim();
                                    empRow.EmpFirstName = (item.EmpFirstName + "").trim();
                                    empRow.EmpLastName = (item.EmpLastName + "").trim();
                                    empRow.EmpSalary  = (item.EmpSalary + "").trim();                                  
        empData.push(empRow);

}

$('#tblEmployee').igGrid({
                                autoGenerateColumns: false,

columns: [
                                    {
                                        headerText: "Employee Number",
                                        group: [
                                               { headerText: "", key: "IdCheck", dataType: "CheckBox", width: "25px" },

{ headerText: "", key: "ActiveImage", dataType: "image", width: "25px" },

{ headerText: "", key: "EmpNo", dataType: "string", width: "100px" },
                                        ]

},

{ headerText: "First Name", key: "EmpFirstName", dataType: "string", width: "100px" },
                                    { headerText: "Last Name", key: "EmpLastName", dataType: "string", width: "100px" },
                                    { headerText: "Salary", key: "EmpSalary", dataType: "string", width: "200px" },

],
                                dataSource: empData,
                                height: "400px",
                                width: "550px",
                                features: [

{
                                         name: 'Sorting', type: "local"
                                     },
                                             {
                                                 name: 'MultiColumnHeaders'
                                             },

]

});

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Biswajit

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Biswajit,

I made a sample on my side to test your scenario and I was unable to reproduce. However I noticed in your code that you're setting datatypes that correspond to the column's content into the multi column headers group, which is in conflict to the supported datatypes of igGrid columns: http://help.infragistics.com/jQuery/2014.2/ui.iggrid#options:columns.dataType

Please try to use templates image column and set its datatype to "string and set datatype: "bool" to the checkbox column and use format: "checkbox".  

If you still encounters any problems, feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Tsanna

Reply Children