Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Speed up slow row selection animations
posted

Using IGGridView from 2014.2.146

I have not tried this on an actual device yet, only the simulator as pictured.

Very simple datasource and delegate.

I don't know if I have a setting incorrect or something, but I've noticed that the delay (de-selecting the existing row, removing it's cell color, then selecting the clicked row, and highlighting it's cell color) is soooo long when clicking from one row to the next, it borders on making you wonder if you actually clicked it or not.  I have not changed any default settings I know of that would cause this, and I'm on a spanking new Mac Pro 15" with a 1 TB SSD, so I hardly think it's my computer.  Is there any way to speed this behavior up, so that clicking a row immediately selects it and highights the cell.

I've tried setting the DataSourceHelper.editingTransitionDuration = 0 and that has no noticable affect, so I don't know why this would be so slow.

I've tried time profiling it and that didn't seem to reveal anything useful either.

Users are going to find this behavior really offputting if this can't be changed.

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children