Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraToolbarsManager Control Container Designer Support - Any clean way?
posted

Hello,

I'd like to put a UltraListView Control into my Ribbon, which I created with that UltraToolbarsManager. I therefor select "Control Container" in the "New Tool" Dialog. Now I can't add a control but select one from the from. So I placed the UltraListView just somewhere and selected it. Which worked fine so far, but now I had that UltraListView on my Form.

To solve this, I went to the .Designer.cs-File again and removed the this.Controls.Add(UltraListView) call. Thus, it was missing on the ribbon.

Then, back in the .Designer.cs-File, I changed ControlName to Control and set the UltraListView, which was part of the class but not placed on the form, as value. It worked and I had my UltraListView on the ribbon but not anywhere else. Despite the fact that the designer crashed and Visual Studio stopped working.

Long story, short question: What is the "Infragistics-Way" to put a Control like the UltraListView onto a Ribbon, created by the UltraToolbarsManager using the Designer?

Thanks,

Patrik

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Patrik,

When I'm working with Control Containers, I normally just place the control I want to embed right on the form. I move it somewhere out of the way where I can still see it so that I can see the effects of any changes I make to that control through the designer. If the control is really in the way of your development effort on the form, you can send it to the back or set its location to a negative value so it doesn't show up.

Once the application runs, the UltraToolbarsManager will handle things so that the embedded control isn't presented to the end user, regardless of where it is on the form and whether it can be seen in design view. If this isn't happening, please let me know and we'll look into your code.

Children
No Data