Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
help with Legends
posted

Hi there,

I have 2 questions regarding legends that I cannot seem to find the answer for anywhere else:

1) Is there a way to get the values to show up for each item in the legend? I would need to do this for different types of charts, including column, pie, and scatter.

2) I have an igDataChart consisting of one series with 10 data points. When I enable the legend, it only shows a single item representing the entire series. Is there a way to get the legend to show an item for each data point in the series? I would also need to show the values for each data point, as per the previous question.

I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.

Offline posted

Hi Corey,

1) A possible approach is to format the series label, which is therefore used by the legend, as shown in this sample:

http://www.igniteui.com/doughnut-chart/configure-legend

2) This cannot happen out of the box, so you can iterate through the legend span items (As shown in the example from 1) ) and write values that are read from the series data source.

Please let us kow if you face any issues during implementation, I will be glad to help