Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MaxBandDepth is not being used when the datasource is set
posted

I have been trying to find the right order to assign the data source to a grid, but regardless of which order I use, it seems to be creating many more bands than the MaxBandDepth.  The data source is LINQ to SQL with 141 tables.

I have tried:
     1. setting MaxBandDepth to 5 and then set the DataSource on the BindingSource with the BindingSource already assigned to the Grid.
     2. setting MaxBandDepth to 5 and then set the DataSource on the BindingSource without the BindingSource assigned to the Grid, then assign the BindingSource to the Grid.

It is generating 100 bands in some instances and over 1000 when I tried option 2.  Also, when the data source is changed after the bindings have been set, it ignores the MaxBandDepth and regenerates all the bands again.

Is there a bug in 2010.3?  Or is there a way to make the MaxBandDepth function correctly all the time.