Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraToolbarsManager added last is not visible at runtime
posted

We have a complex UserControl with a lot of controls, but essentially it is composed of a WinForms ToolStrip, an UltraDockManager, many panels docked with the UltraDockManager and an UltraGrid with dock property set to Fill (all other controls are in the various panels). Thus the only controls not docked with the UltraDockManager are the ToolStrip and the UltraGrid.

Now, we want to change the ToolStrip to an UltraToolbarsManager. We add the UltraToolbarsManager and define a simple toolbar and a few tools just for testing, it is perfectly visible in the designer, above the ToolStrip. But when running the test form that hosts the UserControl (which is the only control in the form), the UltraToolbarsManager is not visible.  No errors raised, just cannot see it at runtime.

I have tried a sample project, adding a DockManager, a panel and listview docked with the DockManager, an UltraGrid filling the rest and a WinForm ToolStrip (similar to the other project). Then add an UltraToolbarsManager, all within a UserControl, add the control to a form and it works fine. Both the toolstip and the toolbar from the UltraToolbarsManager are shown.

I also tried setting the DockWithinContainer via the code and it did not change anything (it was already set OK anyway to the hosting user control).

I also tried deleting the ToolStrip and commenting out all code using it, it did not help (no more toolbar in the form at runtime).

Unfortunately I cannot provide a sample that does not work, the code that does not work has too many dependencies to provide.

I have attached screenshots of the Designer view of the UserControl and of the non UI objects to give you an idea of the layout and complexity.

I suspect a problem between the DockManager and the ToolbarsManager due to docking... but cannot figure out why the simpler sample I have created works and not the complex one. Looking at the Designer code of the two projects user controls, I find no clue, the UltraToolbarsManager is defined the same way.

Hoping you can provide ideas or clues about what could be wrong or where to investigate.

Thanks in advance

Screenshots.zip