Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Visual Studio 10 designer won't load
posted

In one of our applications, the designer will not load for me on several forms.  I am getting "The variable <> is either undeclared or was never assigned." for two PopupMenuTools (that are both declared and instantiated in InitializeComponent) as well as several "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." that only have "Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolPropsBase.ResetMaxWidth()" as a call stack.  

I have checked that the Infragistics references are all on the same version (and none are set to copy local) and that there aren't any incorrect entries in  "licenses.licx."  I have tried rebuilding the project/solution (including restarting VS in between).  I unstalled the other "Infragistics.Win" version I had installed, and, reinstalled the problematic version.  I have also confirmed that the correct assemblies are in the GAC.  I still have been unable to load the designer.  A teammate is able to load the forms in question without incident, so it is not a code issue.

Does anyone have any other ideas of what I can check/try?