Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Customize column header tooltip
posted

How to set up igGrid column header tooltip? is the solution from post http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/66202/334681.aspx#334681 the only way?

Thanks,

Michael

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Michael,

igGrid supports custom tooltips through the Tooltips feature only for data cells. If you would like to display tooltips for header cells the solution presented in the topic you found should do the job.

Additionally you could fill a feature request through this form. We base our future development almost exclusively on customers' feedback.

Thank you for using the Infragistics forums!

Best regards,

Stamen Stoychev

Verified Answer
    posted

Hello Michael,

Currently we don’t provide a build in tooltips for the headers of the igGrid, therefore I have submitted this as new product idea. Your reference number for it is PI13010108.

Meanwhile I could suggest you try the approach that Martin has suggested in the mentioned forum thread.

If you have any issues implementing this on your side please do not hesitate to ask.

posted

Doesn't look like we have a solution yet for this. Here's another approach that I am using:

function setHeaderTooltips() {
    $.each($(".ui-iggrid th.ui-iggrid-header"), function (indx, header) {

//get header text as the default tooltip

var tip = $(header).attr('aria-label');

switch (tip) {
    case 'C/C Low':
    tip = 'Cash On Cash Low';
    break;

//... etc. for any custom tooltips
    }

//set the tooltip

$(header).attr('title', tip);