Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Drag and Drop: Sortable List
posted

Hi,

I've taken the sample code from the NetAdvantage 11:1 Drag and Drop: Sortable List example and am attempting to get that to work.

I've got both the .ascx and .ascx.vb code to the point where the only outstanding error is the one that follows:

===========

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptEntry.GetSerializedAssemblyInfo() at Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptEntrySlot.GetSerializedAssemblyInfo(ScriptEntry scriptEntry) at Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptEntrySlot.SerializeScriptEntry(ScriptEntry scriptEntry) at Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptEntryUrlBuilder.TryAddScriptEntry(ScriptEntry scriptEntry) at Telerik.Web.UI.ScriptEntryUrlBuilder.RegisterScriptEntry(ScriptEntry scriptEntry) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager.OnResolveScriptReference(ScriptReferenceEventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterScripts() at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnPagePreRenderComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreRenderComplete(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

============

As you can see, this a DNN (Formally DotNetNuke) control that appears to be looking for a Telerik script rather than the Infragistics version.

I suspect this is a reference that's buried in or under the samplePage.master file but I can't see it....

Can you help?

regards,
Duncan.

PS. I had real problems identifying tags to apply to this - there are no hints. (tried drag, drop, sortlist [got me sorting...] etc..)

Offline posted

Hello duncancion ,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Are you referring to the following example:

http://www.infragistics.com/products/aspnet/sample/drag-drop-framework/sortable-list

This example only uses reference to the Infragistics4.Web dll. The reference is set in order for the correct drag&drop scripts to be referenced on the page.

<asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy1" runat="server">

<Scripts>

<asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Infragistics4.Web.v13.2" Name="Infragistics.Web.UI.SharedScripts.igDragDrop.js" />

<asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Infragistics4.Web.v13.2" Name="Infragistics.Web.UI.Scripts.5_igObjects.js" />

<asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Infragistics4.Web.v13.2" Name="Infragistics.Web.UI.SharedScripts.igAnimation.js" />

</Scripts>

</asp:ScriptManagerProxy>

All further implementation is done on the client side.

Due to this and the error’s stack trace it’s very unlikely for the error to be triggered by the code used in that sample.

I suggest you check all config files and references for the project since it seems like it’s looking for some Telerik assembly which has been removed.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer II

Infragistics, Inc.

http://www.infragistics.com/support

Offline posted

Hello duncancion ,

I’m just following up to see if you’ve been able to resolve your issue. If you have any questions or concerns or if you need further assistance please let me know.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://www.infragistics.com/support