Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Report.Publish produces OutOfMemoryException on Microsoft Azure
posted

Ignite UI 13.2.20132.2157

Dev box runs Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web on Windows 7 (32 bit)

I have an MVC 5 website running just fine in my development environment, which has Infragistics installed in it.

When I run it on my live platform, which is hosted in Microsoft Azure, I get the following exception:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory. 
at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal(IntPtr hdc) 
at System.Drawing.Font.ToLogFont(Object logFont) 
at System.Drawing.Font.ToHfont() 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.TTF.Font.GetDataUnsafe(Font font) 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.TTF.Font.GetData(Font font) 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Graphics.Font.ToStream() 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Graphics.VirtualGraphics.set_Font(Font value) 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Report.Text.Text.ComposeUnits(Text text, Composition composition, IGraphics graphics) 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Report.Text.Text.Measure(Composition composition, IGraphics graphics, MeasureMode mode) 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Report.Grid.GridCell.Measure(Composition composition, IGraphics graphics, MeasureMode mode) 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Report.Grid.GridRow.Measure(Composition composition, IGraphics graphics, MeasureMode mode, SpanManager spanManager) 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Report.Grid.Grid.Measure(Composition composition, IGraphics graphics, MeasureMode mode) 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Report.Section.Section.Measure(Projection projection, IGraphics graphics) 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Report.Report.Measure() 
at Infragistics.Documents.Reports.Report.Report.Publish(Stream stream, FileFormat format) 
at BRASH.Controllers.MyController.GetReport(Int64 JobID, String diagrams)

The exception is being thrown when dealing with fonts.

I have seen similar problem reports:

http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/69166.aspx

http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/35036.aspx

They all say that the problem is with using particular fonts or a mixture of fonts in the report. I have ensured that my report only uses one font and that font is not one of those identified as causing a problem. I have tried Ariel, Verdana and Courier without success.

I am wondering whether I need to deploy something that I have not identified yet; here are the dlls that I am deploying:

Infragistics.Web.Mvc.dll
Infragistics.Web.Mvc.Documents.Core.dll
Infragistics.Web.Mvc.Documents.Core.xml
Infragistics.Web.Mvc.Documents.IO.dll
Infragistics.Web.Mvc.Documents.IO.xml
Infragistics.Web.Mvc.Documents.Reports.dll
Infragistics.Web.Mvc.Documents.Reports.xml
Infragistics.Web.Mvc.xml
Infragistics45.WebUI.Shared.v13.2.dll
Infragistics45.WebUI.Shared.v13.2.xml
Infragistics45.WebUI.WebSchedule.v13.2.dll
Infragistics45.WebUI.WebSchedule.v13.2.xml
Infragistics45.WebUI.WebScheduleDataProvider.v13.2.dll
Infragistics45.WebUI.WebScheduleDataProvider.v13.2.xml

The reports are less than 200kB and I have tried it on Azure configurations with up to 7GB of memory (much more than my dev system) and it still doesn't work.

It always works on my dev box. It never works on Azure.

This sounds like a deployment issue but what else would I need to deploy?

Regards,

Graeme