Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Draw target lines (maximum and minimum lines) on chart.
posted

Hi,

I have been trying to draw target lines on my chart. I succeeded in drawing them by adding line series to the chart with a constant value. But faced a lot of problems further.

1. The minimum line goes below the minimum set by the graph itself. I know that it can be set manually but we need not to do it.

2. The crosshair/tooltip displays the value for the minimum line in all the cases i.e.- whenever we longpress and try to display the value for our series, the tooltip displays the value for the minimum line series instead.

Please suggest if there is any other way to add target lines to the graph

Screenshot showing the maximum line series

The attached screenshot shows a maximum line set which appears on the screen as the value for the line lies between 150-160. But the minimum line doesn't appears as the value for the same is 110 (less in other cases).

Next screen shot describes the second problem i.e.- the tooltip shows the value for the minimum line series. 

Screenshot showing the tooltip

Please suggest the possible solutions.

Regards,

Vishwesh

Offline posted

Hello Vishwesh,

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer Support.

For the first issue, the IGChartView axis will show the values between the minimum and the maximum values of the series (in your case the minimum and the maximum line). The only way to change this is to set the yAxis.minimum and yAxis.maximum properties.

As for the second one, what version are you using? Please make sure that you are using the latest service release. You can find out how to download the latest service release by following the steps from this link: http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/t/29398.aspx. If you are using the latest service release, you should use the viewForTooltip method’s itemlist parameter. All the series are accessible there. You will only need the series key for this:

IGCategoryPoint *dataPoint = [itemlist valueForKey:@"seriesKey"];

double value = dataPoint.value;

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Offline posted

Hello Vishwesh,

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know if you need my further assistance on this issue.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.