Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataGrid CellValueChanged event for row to be added not firing
posted

I am developing a webdatagrid used by the users as a data entry form to enter order items. The grid has columns ItemName (drop down editor), which the user uses to select the item, and then UnitPrice column. I have programmed the grid's EditingClientEvents to fire the CellValueChanged event which I then handle in javascript to set the correct UnitPrice once the user has selected an item from the dropdown and has moved away from the ItemName cell. This works fine in editing mode of the existing rows.

I would like the same behaviour to exist when the user is adding a new row. By this I mean that the user should click on the "Add New Row" row (on top of the grid rows), select an item from the dropdown list and then have the unit price updated. However, while the dropdown list appears as normally for this "Add new row" row after selecting the item, the CellValueChanged event is not fired.

Is there a different set of events I should be using to handle the updating of cells in the "Add New Row" row?