Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Data Widgets 3 UI Automation
posted

Hi,

I'm searching for a way to establish automatic UI testing of the Data Widgets controls. Unfortunately the controls haven't implemented the MSAA interface to help Assistive Technology products. But maybe there's another way to establish a communication with windows messages. E.g. the VB6 list box also doesn't support MSAA but the control responds to windows messages like LB_GETCOUNT which returns the number of items in the list box.

How can I identify possible supported windows messages of a Data Widgets control to create a remote communication? I didn't find any information regarding these topics in the manual.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline posted

Andreas,

The documentation that is included with the product is all the documentation that is available.  As far as windows messages, it isn't expected that the control will respond to any.  The best suggestion I can make is to use an automated testing tool that interacts with the control my simulating the keyboard and mouse.  As far as doing verification on the data, maybe there are changes outside of the control that happen where maybe you can query values form other controls to see if the updated as expected.  Some testing tools (like HP Unified Functional Tester) also offer bitmap verification which may be possible to use.

Offline posted

Hello,

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know if you need further assistance on this issue.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.