Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ContextMenu DataContext (DataItem)
posted

Hello Infragistics-Team,

i want to build up a contextmenu for the xamdatatree (add new, delete, edit/rename) in WPF. If i work with the xaml XamDataTree.ContextMenu / ContextMenu and commands, the DataContext is my viewmodel (view), so i cant identify the dataitem that fired the contextmenu function. Its not the ActiveNode too, and even if, i wouldnt like it too much to bind it and look into it out of the executed command.

So i ended up define the command on the viewmodel (dataitem) itself, and build up the contextmenu on the view PreviewMouseRightButtonDown. I dont really like that and got a problem to enter edit mode because i would have to transport it all back to the view: viewmodel(dataitem)-list-viewmodel-view.

Even if i work with MenuItem-Click events i cant identify the source-dataitem.. (sender is menuitem with DataContext of my viewmodel again.. and some RoutedEventArgs..)

Btw is there really no built-in contextmenu for that? AllowEditing / IsMouseActionEditingEnabled fx..

If we can solve the first DataContext question, the other questions doesnt matter anymore.

Greetings
yannik